I am so excited to share with ya’ll a recipe I recently discovered on Pinterest! CHICK-FIL-A nuggets! They are paleo, all natural, and completely clean! This was the first time I have cooked this recipe, and it was delicious. If you love Chick-fil-A as much as Israel and I do, then this is the recipe for you!
- 1 lb. of Chicken Breast, cut in to chunks
- 1/3 cup of Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp of arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tbsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- Cut the chicken in to bite sized pieces
- Put the chicken in to a ziplock bag and let it marinade in the pickle juice for at least 2 hours.
- Once the 2 hours is up, pour out the pickle juice.
- Now, put the egg and milk in to the bag for 10 minutes
- After the 10 minutes are up pour out the milk/egg mixture
- In a small bowl mix up all the spices and flours
- Pour the spice/flour mix into the bag of chicken and make sure each piece of chicken is evenly coated.
- Meanwhile, heat up a few spoonfuls of coconut oil in a frying pan. Make sure the oil is really hot before you put the chicken in to the pan. You will hear it sizzle and pop when you put in the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on each side for approximately 3 minutes or less. Flip when it is fried to your desired taste. ( If you can’t fit all your chicken in to one pan evenly on the bottom, do it in 2 batches.)
Dinner is Served! Yumm!
This was a hit when I made it for dinner! They are also boyfriend approved! I did not know that pickle juice was the secret ingredient that makes Chick-fil-A nuggets taste oh-so-good. This recipe was easy to prepare and cooked in no time! I personally love the simple ingredients without compromising the taste! We served these up with a side of corn on the cob! Fresh and perfect for summer! I highly recommend you add this to your dinner rotation. It’s cheaper than buying Chick-fil-a and a whole lot healthier!
Let me know if you make it in the comments below!
*adapted from Stupid Easy Paleo